GAC 2018 Sablania
International creative campaign for Global Goals
12 Artists from across the globe will travel through 12 nations of Africa to work towards peace and sustainable development.
The Great African Caravan (GAC) will begin in South Africa on 15th August 2018 and move through Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan to conclude in Egypt in 2019.
12 artists from Uganda, India, Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Argentina, and Kosovo, almost 50 partner organizations from the hosting countries, the executive team and many more have worked together for 2 years to design the GAC. Their collaborative efforts will continue to work towards building peace, celebrating cultural diversity, embracing the spirit of global citizenship. The Caravan team is devoted to attain, spread awareness about Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and becoming an accelerator for initiatives and efforts put to attaining the SDGs across the globe.
In each nation, the artists will collaborate with local partners working on specific SDG. It will bring in Youth Networks, Artistic Networks, individual artists, representatives from civil societies to strategize & design solutions for local problems. The team will conduct workshops on using art for Conflict Resolution, Peace-building, Healing post-violence trauma, Building Community, fight climate change and more.
Simultaneously, the artists will create individual and collaborative artwork for the global audience to engage with, be enriched, entertained and learn from their experiences. At the end of the project, the team GAC will express their learning and insights through a Comic book, multiple documentaries, docu-features, mural work, coffee table book of photographs, poetry series, music videos, blogs and more. The mission does not end with the project. These art works will initiate dialogues, stir discussions, spark debates and gather more support from around the globe.
The nation-wise SDG themes will be:
South Africa:Quality Education; Mozambique: Climate Action; Zimbabwe: Peace, Justice and Strong Institution; Zambia: No Poverty; Malawi: Reduce Inequalities; Tanzania: Peace, Justice & Strong Institution; Rwanda: Good Health and Wellbeing; Uganda: Good Health & Wellbeing, Sustainable Cities & Communities; Kenya: Life on Land, Climate Action; Ethiopia: Gender Equality; Sudan: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure; Egypt: Gender Equality, Peace, Justice & Strong Institution.
The Crazy Team, Who Risk It All !!
And we have a Filmmaking and Social Media team in who will be traveling with us to support us throughout the 200 days !! Oh Yes 200 Days !!!
Some of the Content that we will create includes :
After Our Travel we plan to compile and showcase our collective work in 4 Continents in a variety of ways including :
• Video Web Series
• Photography Book
• An Exhibition in the above 12 Countries plus the countries the artist originally belong.
Our Funders will get space on the vehicels to promote their brand for 200 days on the road along with digital and social media presence.
Awareness: The Great African Caravan in its 200 days of continuous engagement is aiming to spread the awareness of the goals to 5million people with a direct and indirect involvement of Government, Public, Non profit organizations and the corporates to better engage locally and globally take action. Mobilising the Youth: The 80+workshops, in 12 countries for 17 goals will engage the youth in the schools, universities and corporates to to be part of the growing SDG network worldwide to highlight the problems, discuss solutions, solve them through innovation and civil harmony. Highlight the local problems: Our Camera crew will be filming, talking to the non profits in each of the countries to discuss the problems specifically identified through the goals and highlight them to the world to take action. Mobilising funds: The Great African Caravan will promote the partner organisations to raise funds along the journey to each of these identified problems.
No updates found
For donation Rs 50 or more
5 backers Limited (45 left of 50)
* A Thank you note signed by the team * Private link of the movie when it releases *Cost of international shipping to be borne by the backer and will be contacted at the time of deliveryEstimated delivery:
For donation Rs 250 or more
0 backers Limited (25 left of 25)
* An A3 sized artwork created by an artist travelling during the trip. * All of the above rewards. *Cost of international shipping to be borne by the backer and will be contacted at the time of deliveryEstimated delivery:
For donation Rs 500 or more
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
* We will mention your name at the end credits of the movie. * All of the above rewards. * Exclusive invite for the screening in India. *Cost of international shipping to be borne by the backer and will be contacted at the time of deliveryEstimated delivery:
For donation Rs 1000 or more
1 backers Limited (7 left of 8)
* Gift hamper with the souvenir from one of the countries you wish in Africa. * All of the above rewards. *Cost of international shipping to be borne by the backer and will be contacted at the time of delivery.Estimated delivery:
For donation Rs 5000 or more
0 backers Limited (8 left of 8)
* 5*5 Logo on One of the SUV of the Caravan that will displayed in 6 Countries for 100 days. *Mention in the Documentary Film as Sponsor *All of the above rewards.Estimated delivery:
For donation Rs 10000 or more
0 backers Limited (6 left of 6)
* 8*8 Logo on One of the SUV of the Caravan that will displayed in 12 Countries for 200 days. *Mentioned in the end credits of the documentary. *All the above rewards.Estimated delivery:
For donation Rs 20000 or more
0 backers Limited (2 left of 2)
* 8*8 Logo on all three SUV Caravan that will displayed in 12 Countries for 200 days. *Mention in the Documentary Film as Associate producer * 2 Special Invitation to the First International Screening of the Film* (Travel Cost to be borne by the sponsor.)Estimated delivery:
For donation Rs 50000 or more
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
* 12*12 Logo on all Three SUV of the Caravan that will displayed in 12 Countries for 200 days. *Mention in the Documentary Film as Executive producer At the Start of the Film" *Social Media Promotion and access to our content created during the journey. *3 Special Invitations for the First International Screening of the Festival * ( Travel expense to be borne by the sponsor)Estimated delivery: